I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Made With Love !

I am a lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick junkie! If you just look in my purse you will be guaranteed to find at least 7 lip products in there at all times....I take my lips seriously! One day "D" randomly gave me a gift, he said his friend made it, and in his hands was my first introduction to Wunder Budder. It " had me at hello" with it's pretty, bright, and inviting packaging. Since I first put it on my lips I have put all other lip products aside!! I am in love with Wunder Budder! My lips have never felt so good! I put it on by itself and I have soft lips all day, and when I use lip gloss I will put my Wunder Budder on first as I primer. Seriously I don't leave home with out it!  



From the Wunder Budder website: http://www.wunderbudder.com/
 
"Wunder Budder officially began in 2002 based around our Original salve. We wanted to create an all natural multi-purpose super soft ,super smooth ,super awesome salve, with a bright and cheery label that fit our personality better than the standard browns and greens. So, that's what we did. We've expanded since then to offer more skin care and aromatherapy products made entirely of natural ingredients, in environmentally responsible packaging."

Lisa Bernardo is the founder and creator of Wunder Budder.  Just like her product packaging she is pretty, bright and has an inviting persona that makes you feel at ease when talking with her. It definitely was an adventure for her to get to the point to where she is now. With stops in Ireland and New Mexico to learn and experience Holistic Healing and Herbal Medicine through school, educating herself, and experimentation to create the product that she sells today  in Salem, MA.

So here is the interview with the creator of my favorite beauty product and a most "Wunderful" person and friend! There is no need to really "Budder" you up for this interview though, the product and the woman behind the product truly speak for itself.....



S:.How did you come up with the name Wunder Budder?
L: I can't remember exactly!  I was originally just naming what is now called the Original salve.  The consistency is closer to body butter than a traditional salve, and I wanted a name that showed that.  I can't remember how the Wunder came in... wonderful butter?  My cousin Kristy may have had something to do with it, but it was so long ago, it's a little cloudy now.

S:What is your dream flavor of Lip Balm? Have you created it yet or are you still working on it?
L: I've made all my dream flavors!  Black licorice (Black), ginger (Ginger Binge), cinnamon, peppermint  (Firecracker), and Chai.  I loved Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers when I was younger.  They had the best flavors!  When I moved onto natural lip balms, I wanted to make flavors that I couldn't find in stores.  Wait, no, I still want to make a coffee/mocha lip balm.  I'll be working on that some time this winter, using a coffee bean infused oil and essential oils for flavoring.

S: MMMMM...coffee/mocha lip balm..just the name alone has hooked me in ...can I place a purchase in advance ;)

S: What is your most important beauty/skincare advice?
L: This is a hard one!  Skin is the largest organ in the human body.. it's our living protective shield, and like all living things, it's constantly working towards a state of balance where it's happiest and can work the best.  Keeping it clean and healthy is the most important thing, and it's easy to do that as long as a person doesn't over-do it.  I know that sounds very vague, but specifics really depend on the individual.

S.What would you like to see for the future of Wunder Budder? Any new items you will be introducing soon?
L: This is another hard one!  I have different dreams for short term and for long term, but basically I'd love to just see Wunder Budder grow organically, with word of mouth helping it grow.  I'd eventually love for people to be seeking it out nationwide, but for now I'd just love to be somewhere and see a stranger using it!  
 I just released a new salve, Garden Grease, formulated specifically for gardener's hands in mind, but like my other salves it's multi-purpose. I'm always working on improving my newer releases, and creating new products, but for the near future I'll be focusing on face masks and aromatherapy blends.  I'd love to see them out before the end of the year.

S: Since this blog focuses mainly on Salem..Why did you open up shop in Salem?
L: Mostly because I live here (!), but Salem is home now.  When I moved here 8 years ago, I was just planning on sticking around for a year or so, but I fell in love.....  with Salem and with who is now my husband (Mike!).  I've met so many amazing people since I've been here, and I love being able to get almost everything I need in town, most of the time on foot.  I love the buildings and the history, I love that it's a tourist town, but also has a great local community.  It's an ideal place to start a business.

S: I know why I love Wunder Budder, but why do you think people should be using it?
L: This is too hard, I don't think I can answer this!  I'm not a good salesperson, and it's difficult for me to talk about Wunder Budder in a way to try to get people to use it.  But, I think I'm good at making products that work well, so I'd really like them to speak for themselves.  I guess I think people should try it, because I love Wunder Budder so much!  I love everything that I make (and wouldn't release them if I didn't) and I use most things on a regular basis.  I add "love" to all my ingredients list because although it may sound corny, it's absolutely true!

S:You have done an AWESOME thing, you invented a product/products and now are selling them. What tips could you share with others who have dreams to doing something like this?
L:Stop thinking about it and just do it!  Thinking and planning are definitely good steps, but then you just need to stop thinking and take the leap without worrying about the consequences or else you might just think about it forever.  Jump in and figure it out as you go.  It's empowering to take a chance and follow your dreams, whatever they are, whatever they lead to, and whether or not they work out as you'd hoped.

S: You have done something so many people want to do, create something you feel passionate about and share it with others. How does that success make you feel?
L: I love life, I really do.  Almost every day, I have a renewed sense of how lucky I am.   I feel really lucky to have an impulsive side of me which allows me to make big changes in my life and kind of deal with the consequences later as they appear, but also lucky to have such amazing support from the people in my life.  It's been a lot of hard work, and probably always will be, but I love it and it makes me feel good about everything in my life, even the things outside of Wunder Budder.



****You can buy all Wunder Budder products online at www.wunderbudder.com and Lisa will ship to anywhere in the continental US.  Outside of the continental US, she can ship anything except liquids.  She recently added a studio pick-up option on the website, so anyone who's local to Salem can make an appointment with her to come pick up their purchases.  Also, if someone wants to pay by check or cash, they can make an appointment with her to come check out the studio, test products, and see what they like.  Lisa would love to be able to do this more often.. right now the appointment times are mainly on Wednesdays, but she can be flexible when her schedule allows it.  Basically, she is open to getting Wunder Budder to people whatever way is easiest for them! :)
All salves and inhalers are available at Front Street Cafe.  The Two Girls Shop on Washington Street also has Original and Paramedic salves, and lip balms.  Roost carries some WB Products too!

Wunder Budder natural skincare and aromatherapy, made with LOVE in Salem, MA.
http://www.wunderbudder.com/


(Stay Tuned for a Part 2 to this post..The Tour of Wunder Budder Studio or Made With Love Part 2 ) ;)
(Photos from the wunderbudder website)
(Photos of me by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment