I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Beauty Queen!

I met Manda on my 35th birthday due to a gift my FABULOUS FRIEND Jaxson so kindly gave to me! The gift of beauty..what could be better than that!!!!!   Manda is an extremely talented make-up artist who made me look 25 instead of 35 that night...couldn't have asked for a better gift than that ;)  Manda did my make-up so amazingly well that  I went back the following week to "Rouge Cosmetics" in Salem, Ma and bought everything she used on me, because I loved how my make-up looked that night. Strangers seriously kept coming up to me on my birthday and complimenting my eyes (this is not a daily occurrence).  From the moment I met Manda I instantly liked her, she greeted me with a big smile, her big blue eyes, and her magnificent pink hair and made me feel like I was a princess for the night!

Having your make-up professionally done is quite the experience. It is one of the ultimate papering pleasures you can give to oneself.  Manda took her time to listen to what my vision was for my make-up for that evening..EYES EYES EYES (I love eyes, probably my favorite feature on people in general! They are just captivating windows, and I think when you make your eyes stand out with some make-up..watch out world here you come). I do a decent job with my make-up, but I knew what I always wanted to do, but did not know how to pull  it off on my own. She took her time picking out what she thought would be most flattering on me , explaining the process along the way, so not only was I getting pampered I was learning as well..BONUS! I left her that evening not only with a look that I was truly happy with, but with a new friend as well. (Both pictures above are from my birthday party with my make-up done by Manda)
                                                          Me, Jaxson, and Manda Dec. 2009

I feel very lucky that I scored and interview with this very busy and talented lady so I could tap her brain for beauty secrets that I can share with you! Get ready for the ......... MandaMonium!




S: What is the #1 make-up tip you would give woman?

M: Makeup is an art and form of expression... rules are meant to be broken... well MOST of them. Always wear a foundation that matches your skin tone though, because darker or lighter makes it look like you have makeup on and you can see that line from your face to your neck. You can always add color with bronzers and blushes!

S: What are the essentials every woman should have in their make-up bag?

M: Brushes!! Brushes are so important, people always say, my makeup never looks as good as when you do it. Brushes make the difference! A great liner and mascara are so important too. One of the best Mascara's our there is Great Lash by " Maybeline"... and it's like 5 bucks!

S: Is there a #1 rule when applying make-up for us woman to know?

M: BLEND BLEND BLEND!!! Again, brushes are key when it comes to this. You can either finger paint or paint with a brush! Which would you rather have on your face? 

 S: Make up remover..I feel is also an important part of my make-up routine. I hate when I can't get my make-up off, and have to scrub my face for a long time and still have remnants of make-up left-over. What would you recommend as a FANTASTIC make-up remover, or the best way to get make-up off at the end of the night?

M: Makeup remover and/or a great cleanser is key! You usually don't need an oil based remover unless you are removing waterproof products/mascara. I love "Nars Cleansing Milk" for removing makeup. You can tissue it off or rinse it off with water. I also think every woman should have cleansing towelettes next to or near their bedside table for nights when you are half asleep and then you realize you didn't wash your makeup off. "Korres" has some great ones, www.korres.com

S: What is the #1 question people ask you about make-up, and what is the answer to it? 

M:What am I doing wrong? NOTHING! Makeup is an art, it's all about what makes you feel fantastic! Practice makes perfect, and all those other cliches. Check out makeup in magazines, and then try to recreate it on yourself over and over again on some rainy Sunday!

S: What would you like to see in the future for you/MandaModium?
 

M: More movies, many more music videos, and teaching. I'd love to do classes regularly, I love teaching! I'm also actually REALLY thinking about opening my own hair salon/beauty boutique!

S: Your own beauty boutique...I think you should definitely do that! Actually I think you are destined to do that..I know it would be a beauty mecca! I am already excited about it :) You could give lessons there as well!

S: Having hazel eyes myself I always want to bring out the green in them,what color eyeliner would make my green in my eyes stand out the most? 

M:You can make your eyes stand out with shadows and use black liner or fun colors too

Blue eyes: Plums and peachy orange shadows are great with blue eyes.
Green Eyes: Pinky tones and chocolatey brown liners for green eyes.
Brown Eyes: I love purple hues on brown eyes, but you can really wear almost anything!

S: Is there a lip color that looks good on everyone? The go to lip color for all us woman? 

M: I think Peach works well on most women. I don't think there is really ONE color for all women. Believe it or not, there is a red out there for almost everyone! Sometimes people just need to be a little brave  ;)

S: If I could change one thing on my face it would be for thicker , longer, darker eyelashes. How can I fake it best, and is the only answer fake lashes?
 

M:There are millions of mascaras out there these days, and there are some amazing ones that bring forth length and volume for your lashes. Some of my favorites are two sided, one for length and one for volume. Two Timer from "The Balm" and "Stila's " Convertible Mascara. I also use lash revitalizers, "Revitalash" is a big one. You do have to be consistent and use it every night though!

 (Model photos from MandaMonium on FB..all Make-up on models done by Manda) 

You can find Manda on the web and MandaMonium also on Facebook:

 http://www.mandamonium.net 

http://www.facebook.com/MandaMoniumMakeup 

Manda is a make-up artist, stylist and model and one fabulous woman! She breathes fashion, style, beauty and creativity! She started at age fifteen doing make-up for her own modeling gigs and took off from there working runways, weddings, working for cosmetic companies, for magazines, and now currently she is working on a movie set.

2 comments:

  1. Manda is SO talented! I own a boudoir photography studio & have had Manda do hair and makeup for the events we run. She can handle multiple clients, one right after another, all day long- acting as a great hostess & making all the girls look & feel fabulous! She can do everything from natural and elegant, to wild or retro. I highly recommend her! All our clients love her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bebe: Manda definitely Rocks!!! From the moment I first met her she felt like a friend..she is exceptionally funny and sweet and is a rocking make-up artist!I always feel my best after Manda does my make-up. She is actually doing a make-up party for my friends and I soon, so we can learn maybe a few of her tricks, so we can get by on a day to day basis ;) Thank You so much for the feedback. You also seem to have a pretty fascinating and fun job..maybe you would want to do an interview sometime?? :) -Sarah

    ReplyDelete