I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Man, The Myth, The Legend......V-Fit!

I met Vijay 3 1/2 years ago after I had my first hip surgery. I was two weeks post surgery, and was sent to my first physical therapy session. I was nervous about letting anyone get near my hip, because I was in some MAJOR pain. This is how I met Vijay. Vijay was my physical therapist and has been off and on for 3 years now ( post two hip surgeries.) He helped me get through one of the hardest times in my life. Not only was he my physical therapist he kind of became my therapist too.  Pain and mental health seriously go hand and hand. Pain takes a lot out of you, and he was a great support system for me and always kept me positive...and moving!
The one thing I always noticed about Vijay (aka V-Fit) is how much energy he has. He is a positive force to be reckoned with. He is highly in demand as a physical therapist, a personal trainer, and a club promoter at night. With his very busy work schedule he still shines with an exuberant glow, he is always smiling and laughing, and he is a person who is truly full of life. I lucked out having him as my physical therapist. I hope that once I am all better from my third surgery I can do some personal training with him, which in turn will make me strong enough to lead me to visit one of his clubs that he promotes, where I can go dance the night away...... ;)

Being someone who has always been active and who has also experienced first hand what happens when your body breaks down on you and you have to build it back up, I thought this interview would be interesting for everyone, because we all want are bodies to be working at optimal condition!

So here is the interview with the man who puts the V in fit ;)  V-Fit......................................
 S: Being both a physical therapist and a personal trainer what are the top three tips that you can provide to my readers that would be best for you to get your body in shape without hurting yourself? 
V:The best advice I can give can be summarized is one word: Consistency! As in partaking in your regular scheduled workouts, applying super effort during these workouts to attain maximal results and keeping proper form/technique vs lifting heavier weights. This will help achieve the optimal results.

S: What are the top mistakes people make while working out?
V: Lifting to heavy of weights, compromising form vs proper technique, complacent workouts vs challenging oneself and varying the routine, and poor posture while exercising.

S: How often should the average healthy person work- out  in a week to stay healthy and in shape?
V: I prescribe four days a week, but clients can get by with three.


S: What is your best tip to stay healthy?
V: Eat, exercise, and rest

S:What is the correct balance between doing Cardio workouts and weights for an average person trying to get into shape?
V: Forty minutes of cardio four times a week, and two days of upper body strengthening and two days of lower body would work well. 


S:What are the top 3 most effective exercises for a person to do?
V: Squats, Pullups, and Pushups


 S: How do you balance three jobs and do them all so well?
V: Being Effective, efficient use of my time, and I have the ability to multi-task.

S: What is your favorite thing about being a: Physical Therapist, Personal Trainer and Club Promoter:
 V:Restoring a patient to full functional capacity. Elevating a client to their fullest level fitness capability. Taking care of my clientele's needs and making sure their evening is flawless.

S: I know you also have worked both the winter and summer X-Games for the last several years, what do you do while you are there?
V: I perform PT evaluations/assessments, massage therapy, and stretching with the athletes!




S:What is the coolest story you can share from your experience at the X-Games?
V: Tough to quantify, but would say working with such an elite, high caliber athletes and being able to impact them positively to medal in their respective sport.
S: How did you get into club promotion? What is your favorite part about it?
V: An old colleague brought me into the nightlife business years ago as he knew I had a large social network...the rest is history!  My favorite part by far is providing the greatest customer satisfaction and knowing that someone had the best night out! 

 S: Since you know Boston pretty well...what is the best way to have a fun time in Boston?
 V: Start with a great dinner in the South End, drinks at one of our boutique hotels, followed by dancing the night away at one of our hot spots!

S:You seem to have a very balanced, healthy and happy life..What is your life motto you live by?
V: Live everyday as it is your last and remember that an optimist sees opportunity in danger.








Vijay Daryanani, PT, MS
ACE Certified Personal Trainer
781.962.6217
v_fit1@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. ever since I read Sarah's blog about Vijay I have been taking his advice about the 3 most inportnat exercises to do and have been doing them even though sometimes I am not in the mood. Even my least favorite... squats! and sometimes I am not in the mood for pull ups but I know its good for the overall muscle balance..so Thank you Vijay ..and Sarah! :)
    KS

    ReplyDelete