I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HAIRTASTIC!

When I was a little girl there use to be a shampoo commercial on TV... a woman w/ a white painters cap on..not quite sure what she did during the commercial...but at the end of the commercial she whips off her hat and a mane of shiny bouncy, red, fabulous hair comes flowing down..my first thought..I want her hair!
After 10 years of being in the education field...I switched things up and went to go work for a hair salon.. my dream to know the inner working of hair was about to come true..get their secrets...put on my own white cap on and then toss it off and the show the world what I got......Hairtastic!


KAREN SUTTON HAIR STUDIO , Marblehead MA

It's nice to work in a place where your co-workers feel like family, an environment that is clean, bright, and fun, and has fabulous clients that you get to spend time w/ all day long! It's a community w/in a community.  It resides in the beautiful town of Marblehead which is the next town over from Salem.

Karen Sutton Hair Studio (KSHS) is owned by Karen Sutton. A smart , kind, and fabulously fun  businesswoman as well as a extremely talented hairstylist. She was the first person to cut my hair in first grade and has been my hairstylist ever since.  She has been running a successful hair salon for 15 plus years. I am always fascinated w/  people who "make it" by doing what they want and doing it well. It's not easy to have a "mom and pop" successful business these days..you really need to have the goods to make it work and KSHS has the goods and then some.

S: What makes you salon special?

KS: Our clients and my staff. Each employee has something special to offer. Myself and my staff all have a mission in mind,,, great and fabulous hair with a calming and fun atmosphere. We want all our clients to walk out w/ manageable and beautiful hair.

S: What's your dream hair?

KS: What I have. I can't change it so I work w/ it!

S: What are some important hair tips?

KS: Work w/ what you have. Don't fight your natural hair, embrace it, and work w/ your stylist to figure out all your options for YOUR hair!

S: As a stylist how do you approach hair w/ your clients?

KS: When I first meet someone I try to think about what I would do w/ their hair, then I listen to what they would like from their hair. I then combined both ideas together. I want the client to love their hair, and I want it to be flattering as well as being able to help them w/ their hair issues.

S: Why do you think your salon has been so successful:

KS: My staff ,as well as treating my business like an establishment that I would want to go to. This is a business that people come to treat themselves, so I want to give them 100% service from the time they walk in the door to the time they leave.


Karen Sutton Hair Studio
26 Hawkes Street
Marblehead, MA 01945
To call for an apt: #781- 631- 7603 Open Monday-Saturday
Stylist: Karen, Rosa, Jaxson, Christina, Allie, and Cassia
You can also find Karen Sutton Hair Studio on Facebook


My Own Personal Hair Tips I have picked up along the way:  Shhhhhhhh...Beauty Secrets..but I trust you guys w/ them. :)

1.Salon quality shampoo and conditioner is better and it does make a difference...my hair is quite different hair because of it. (I use Alterna's Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner)
2.Now that my hair has gotten longer to give it and extra special treatment I sleep overnight w/ conditioner in my hair (shampoo..rinse..conditioner..get out of shower..rinse next morning) ..it does make it a lot softer..Do this once a week.
3. Definitely do a salon deep conditioning treatment once in awhile ..great treat for your hair and pretty inexpensive and it makes it difference w/ shine and hair strength.
4. If you straighten your hair (like I do when I don't feel like embracing my curls) ..first put product in your hair (I use Moroccan oil, and Simply Smooth Keratin Calming Balm and Simply Smooth Keratin Finishing Gloss). Then let your hair air dry till it's halfway dry and then blow dry w/ a round brush..you will still get straight hair but not have to use the hairdryer on your hair as long which is better for your hair. Before you use your Ceramic Straighter (I have the GHD straighter..it also can be used as a curling iron too) spray your hair w/ a thermal protective spray..about a good 14inches away from your hair so it mists on and then use the straightener along w/ a fine tooth comb following the straighter as you go down the hair shaft. Make sure you section your hair out w/ clips while drying and straightening. I do the bottom layer first and top part of hair last.  **Sidenote if you have bangs..definitely blow dry those immediately w/ a small round brush so they lay the way you want them too :)
For My Curls I use the same products..to fight frizz and weigh my curls down.  while my hair is wet I  make 2 sections down the middle and twist each section and let it dry that way...then use my GHD iron to touch it up.

If you have any hair questions please feel free to write them on the comment section and I will get back to you:)

Have a Great Hair Day! xox


                                                                                       (Me: My first year working at the salon)







No comments:

Post a Comment