I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Music in the City

This past weekend.."My" city was alive w/ Music and I took part in it both Fri and Sat night :)

Salem and the Boston area have a great local music scene and I feel lucky to know quite a few talented musicians around this area. No matter what night of the week you will find some great local and live music. One of my favorite parts of the summer in this city is outdoor live music...we wait all year for this stuff! :)

This weekend I rocked out to The Willows at The Pickled Onion in Beverly MA on Friday Night and on Saturday night I got to listen to an amazingly talented singer and songwriter "Delvis" at the Bella Mia in Beverly MA  (and I am not biased because he is my BF....you can just ask him ;) But seriously I originally met him about 7 years ago when he was singing out in Salem at a gig and the first thing I said to him was that I thought he had a great voice :) Enough said :)

The Willows:


"The willows formed in 2001 as a three piece project. The music was an American mix up of country, blues, bluegrass, and rock. As the years have gone on the willows have released three records. The current line up is the strongest yet and the live show is awesome! Check out the willows in the North Shore."
You can check out their music at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/roots-run-deep/id341704733

The willows are a great group! And I mean group....it is a strong band where each band member holds their own..and well! The singer Courtney Linehan has a great stage presence as well as a good sense of humor and a rockin voice.  They sing both their original music and covers, and when there fellow musician friends are in the audience they love to bring them on stage to step in for a song or two.  I had a great time at their show on Friday night. Since I am currently on crutches I couldn't partake in the dancing, but I was one of the only people who didn't. Their music makes you want to get up and get your butt onto the dance floor..I even contemplated dancing on my crutches..but that would have been dangerous..for everyone around me ;) I have seen "The Willows" perform many times over the years at many different venues and the one thing you can bet on is that you will get a great show!
The Pickled Onion is a great spot to hear live music..big open space for hanging w/ your friends, big bar to sit down and have a drink, and most importantly a big open floor to rock out if the music takes you away.


www.pickledonionbeverly.com
355-357 Rantoul Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 232-3973



DELVIS..Live! at the Bella Mia.
Bella Mia
218 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915-5717
(978) 927-2365
http://www.myspace.com/delvisrocks
New Record Available Now: "The Road is My Home" 

(Delvis T-shirts by Spike Emerson)


Delvis is either a one man show or a full band...it depends on the night.  On Saturday night Delvis played to a audience of friends and patrons of  The Bella Mia Restaurant and Bar in Beverly, MA. Delvis played a Fantastic set w/ lead Guitarist Fran McConville (an amazing guitar player/musician who plays gigs on both the east and west coast). The set was a mix of great cover songs by Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Gordon Lightfoot , and others, as well as Delvis's great original tunes which is the #1 reason why people come out to see Delvis. There was even a sing along to the classic drinking Delvis song "Full Throttle w/ the Bottle". Delvis has a beautiful melodic voice that makes his songs come alive. He also likes to have fun w/ his music which makes his performances a must see. Delvis is also a great guitar player as well ,which adds a special touch to each of his songs.
The Bella Mia is a quaint restaurant w/ a nice ambiance located on the very active Cabot Street in Beverly. My friends and I had a delicious dinner there and it was quite comfortable to sit and relax at the bar while listening to some truly great music.















More Music coming up..Witchstock Music Festival! July 3rd Salem Ma...ALWAYS..a fabulous time!

No comments:

Post a Comment