I am a 36 year old woman who may not live in "The Big City" but I like the little city I live in and there is a lot that goes on around here too! This is a place where anything can happen..or be written about!!!!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sarah in the City....is here! ;)

 My first post for my new blog..so exciting..for me that is ;) . My blogging adventure started w/ a "disruptive" experience in my life, but from this experience came some light and one was the learning of how writing and sharing is something I enjoy doing. It has also given me the chance to meet people I wouldn't have met otherwise whom I have gotten so much insight from.  It has been a cathartic place where I get/got to vent and share insight from my own personal experience to people starting that specific journey as well.  If you want to check out my other blog here is the link:
  http://meandmyhipster-sj.blogspot.com/ 
That blog is dedicated to all my hip chicks and I will continue that blog while my hip adventure continues, but I am more than just one right hip ;) So this blog is for all my other parts and more ;)

I guess the way I should start this blog off is to give you some insight on who I am...which is an interesting process. The reason I am going to do this is not because I want to write about my self due to being a huge ego maniac ;)..It's because I think it is one of the hardest things to do.  I have had MANY conversations w/ friends who do online dating as well as trying it out myself once and feel/felt as well as the other people I have spoken w/ get stuck when it comes to that paragraph.."please describe yourself". Or even when facebook asked me for a bio on myself...I totally skip over that part...not because I don't want to share w/ others or that I am a private person..it's because honestly I think foolishly in my mind that it's hard to write w/ out seeming generic, egotistical, or even false.  Maybe I don't know who I am , maybe it is hard to sum yourself up in a paragraph, or maybe it's just hard looking in that "mirror", but whatever it is... I don't have the answer of why it can be hard, but I figured I would finally give it a shot. I would like this to be a  interactive blog where myself and others (if there is anyone else reading this ;) ) can browse through our thoughts about life, thoughts or reviews about a movies, food,  restaurants, bars, museums, beauty, entertainment..to thoughts about relationships (friends, family, love, etc) as well as a place to explore my own thoughts, and if any of these things are helpful to others than that's the added bonus :)  I don't really want to define this blog..I just want to see where it goes and on that note...Who am I????

I am a 35 year old woman, I come from a family where my parents divorced when I was young, but even though that experience was a hard one for me I am very lucky to have a great, loving and strong family who means the world to me!!!  I have another family too that is the one I have made throughout my life....my friends..whom I love dearly. They have been there through the good, the bad, and all the in between stuff w/ me. I have been very lucky in the friends department, because I am surrounded by extremely smart, fun, creative, caring, interesting, and kind people..I am constantly learning from them!!  Relationships are so important to me. I am a people person and I love to be around people, I like helping people, I like listening to people's stories, I love people watching, I love all the relationships I have in my life.  These relationships I have and have had definitely formed me into the woman I am today. I have never been married, but have been engaged once. I have had quite a few long term boyfriends in my life that have brought me a great deal of happiness and some sadness as well. I also have dated some interesting men who all have been quite different from each other (which I think is important..while dating don't just keep dating the same kind of guy over and over again you may surprise yourself by having "the one" be someone you wouldn't have thought would be your "type"of guy at all) . I would say I am a half glass full kind of person, not to say I don't have many run in's w/ sadness, but in the end I think I do have a deep seeded positivity that gets me through those times, because as my favorite saying goes, "you don't know what tomorrow will bring".   I love being on the beach... probably my favorite place to be in the world. I love sharks...not quite sure why, but I just do! Great whites are my favorites..My dream would be able to go cage diving w/ Great White sharks.....preferably in Africa. Shark week on the discovery channel is like the greatest week of  TV ever! I love to travel, I would say that most people do, how can you not, you get to escape from your every day life, you get to visit new places and meet and see new people, and it broadens your life experiences...everything about traveling is great....well except the flying..I HATE flying...probably my biggest fear.  I love photography..seriously I have a camera w/ me everywhere I go...my friends dubbed me "the paparazzi". If I could be anything w/out worrying about money I would be a photographer..hands down! I loved being entertained by either a good movie or a great TV series and I can discuss my "entertainment" for hours. I have Celiac (gluten free girl)  and I am a Vegetarian...I could eat salad every day of my life and NEVER get bored of it :) I LOVE music...I could listen to music every hour of the day and never miss the sounds of silence..music makes me happy. I have been "learning" how to play the guitar for 5 years and currently trying to pick up the bass guitar..I would love to sing in a band but my voice ruined that dream for me ;) I can be very stubborn, but when I truly believe in something I believe it w/ every inch of my being w/ that said I also like and are open to other people's opinion...doesn't mean I will agree w/ them, but I am open ;) I like to be as active as possible...having FAI of my hip has made it a little more difficult, but now that I am finally recovering my activity level is picking up again..hiking, swimming, running, biking, walking are the best stress reliefs for me. Currently I am a "stationary biker"..but I am picking up miles pretty quickly on that bad boy ;) I have my Master's Degree in elementary education and I worked in the education field for 10 years...I now currently work at a hair salon and LOVE it! I like change..it's good to mix things up...life is to short! Making people feel beautiful inside and out is just as rewarding as teaching..and the atmosphere is always upbeat which is such a treat when you are working. I love to read books..my selections are quite diverse ..which makes reading even more fun! I love to write as well, but I have the worst grammar for a woman w/ a master's degree who likes to write ;)  There is so much I want to achieve in my life and I hope I will have the ability to do it all!  I live w/ my sweet boyfriend "D" who has shown me what true caring is all about. My name is Sarah and I live in a fun little city...nice to meet you! :)

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I like seeing the side of you I didn't really get to know with all the hip stuff! You are one smart cookie and I didn't even know it! Have fun with this blog, I think it's off to a great start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Marcie...I really appreciate the very very sweet compliments!!! I think it will be fun to have freedom to write about whatever I want and not "limit" it...doesn't mean I don't still have mad love for my hip ;)..and we will have a very special blog post for "Hipsters in NYC..Shop till you Drop 2011"..I think we need that on a t-shirt ;) The ultimate Sarah in The City Post. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE UR NEW BLOG. i THINK IT IS WELL WRITTEN & IT ALREADY SAYS ALOT ABOUT YOU. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN WRITING UR NEW BLOG. LOVE YOU XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, I love it! "Hipsters in NYC....Shop til you Drop 2011" t shirts would be soooo cool! SJP better watch her back, there's a much more "hip" SJ coming and her posse is pretty svelte too!!! Haha! I think that is great and we should put our hip xrays on the back of the shirts too, with the screws of course:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..I LOVE IT!!! T-shirts will happen! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete